Introduction to Internet of things
Internet of things is the conceapt of connecting any device to the internet and to other connected devices. These devices can be self-driving vehicles with complex sensors that detect obstructions on their path or can be wearable fitness devices which measure the number of steps taken in a day. The IoT platform integrates the devices and data from different devices and applies analytics on data to provide useful information to add value to the enterprise.
The different components of IOT architecture are Sensors, processing and storage, Network and Internet, Cloud Infrastructure, Devices. So developing IOT software require knowledge in multiple areas.
- The IOT devices require pre-assembled sensors and mostly executed at manufacturing units.
- The network connectivity involve inputs from telecom provider and software engineers who provide data transfer from IOT sensors to computing infrastructure.
- Software developers and Data scientists for writing scripts in PHP/ASP.net/Node.js and for data processing and data analytics.
- Software web developers to create user interfaces/web pages or applications to depict the results on user devices.
The Internet of things weaves all technologies together – Sensors, Robotics, Industrial engineering, Networking, Telecom, Data Analytics, Web development, application Software and Hardware.
Other training courses as part or IoT are
- Data Analytics
The Internet of Things (IoT) industry is growing rapidly, the number of connected devices worldwide will reach 8.4 billion, according to a recent Gartner report and by 2020, more than 20.8 billion IoT devices will be in use. In today’s world every device in home, workplace, car and enterprises will be connected, so it is essential to gain skills in IoT technologies to meet the demand.
Below are the typical roles emerging in IOT space
IoT Product Manager, IoT Architect, IoT developer, Data Scientists, UI/UX developers, Chief IoT officer
- Internet of Things Certification Programme