Project management as defined in PMBOK, is the application of knowledge, skills, tool and techniques to project activities to meet the project requirements. Project management is accomplished through the application of 47 logically grouped project management processes, which are categorized into 5 process groups. The five process groups are initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, closing.
The project management course will cover the below topics
- Project management, program management, portfolio management, operations management and organizational strategy
- Organizational influences and project life cycle
- Project Management Processes
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Agile and Lean Project Management
It’s a PMP certification program.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) ® certification is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. As quoted by PMI organization, among survey respondents to PMI’s Earning Power Salary Survey, those with a PMP certification garner a higher salary (20% higher on average) than those without a PMP certification. The project management methodologies are applicable for any industry and globally recognized. Organizations are also benefited by having PMP certified project managers as the projects will be completed on time, on budget and meeting customer goals.
All project managers with 3 years’ experience as project managers with 4500 hrs spent on projects delivery and with 35 hrs of project management learning course can take the PMP certification. We encourage all project managers to take the PMP course and get certified to reap the huge benefits associated with being PMP certified.